Celebrating Women in the Arts
April 5-6, 2019
184 Dudley St. Boston MA 02119
Scroll down for application!
Click HERE for FAQ
We Create has become a favorite in the Massachusetts arts community! The first week of April, Boston comes alive as a vibrant city committed to the support of self-identified women, and gender non-conforming artists. Renowned and upcoming artists from Massachusetts, New England, and NY- share with you an unparalleled feast of music, dance, film, circus arts, and media arts.
The 6th edition of this acclaimed festival is scheduled to take place on April 5-6, 2019. We are looking for artists that are interested in sharing their process of art making within their cohort, receiving support from other artists from other disciplines, and that are committed to creating high quality work.
Self-identified women artists and gender non-conforming artists of all arts disciplines are encouraged to apply. Although the main creator must be a self-identified woman or a gender non-conforming artist, men are welcome as performers!
Applications are accepted until August 18th, 2018.
Applicants will be notified within three weeks of the application deadline.
People of color are encouraged to apply.
Out of town applicants (New England and NY): Please note that you are responsible for travel, meals, and accommodations. If this is a concern, please contact us to talk it through. We might be able to help you find accommodations within our community!
· Cohort Gathering and Works in
Progress: These are opportunities to meet your colleagues, brainstorm, and find potential collaborators.There are two Works in Progress open only to the cohort of
artists involved in We Create. It is a safe place to explore risks, share the
process, and give/provide feedback.
· Rehearsals: There is one Technical (April 3rd) and one Dress rehearsal (April 4th).
· Mentorship Program: Artists are encouraged to find a mentor of their preference to oversee and support their creative process. These findings will be shared during the Works in Progress. Mentors are encouraged to come to the We Create festival. There is a small honorarium for the mentors.
Artists must be available on the following dates in order to be considered. If you would like to apply but have a preexisting conflict with any of the dates below, please state so in the application.
· Cohort Gathering and Work in Progress I: Saturday- November 3rd, 2018 *time coordinated with selected participants
· Work in Progress II: Saturday- February 2nd, 2019 *time coordinated with selected participants
· We Create performance week: Tech rehearsal: April 3rd; Dress rehearsal: April 4th; Shows: April 5-6, 2019.
We will confirm receipt of your submission and assess your application. Due to the high volume of submissions received, please allow two weeks after the submission deadline.
We Create Artists will receive:
· A modest performance fee.
· Assisted mentorship.
· Documentation (professional photos and video of the final work).
· Media exposure, and many other opportunities that arise from being a We Create cohort artist.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: August 18th, 2019
Apply to We Create!